Foreclosure Defense Lawyer Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Facing a foreclosure on a home is one of the most difficult experiences a person can go through. If you’re currently in this situation, you might feel overwhelmed and unsure of how to proceed. If you want to fight the foreclosure, you may wonder if you should hire a foreclosure lawyer in Oklahoma City, OK or not. The answer depends on your unique circumstances.
When to Hire a Foreclosure Lawyer
Here are a few situation where you would benefit from hiring a foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma:
- You Have a Good Defense: If you believe that you have a good defense against the foreclosure and wish to keep your home, then it makes sense to hire a lawyer. For example, if the servicer did not follow proper foreclosure procedures or if the foreclosing party can’t prove that it owns your own, you may have a viable defense. Foreclosure defenses can involve many complexities, so it is helpful to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. He or she will help create a good argument and fill out the paperwork.
- You’re in the Military: People who are in the military have special protections against home foreclosure. If you are an active member in the military, ask a foreclosure lawyer Oklahoma City, OK residents trust about your rights.
- You Wish to Learn More About Foreclosure Laws: If you are unfamiliar about the foreclosure process in Oklahoma and want to learn more about your rights, it is helpful to consult a foreclosure lawyer.
How a Foreclosure Lawyer Can Help
In certain situations, a foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma can help you avoid foreclosure. Here are some different ways he or she can do that.
- Modify Your Loan: A foreclosure lawyer can help you modify your loan to lower the interest rate or extend the loan.
- Advise You About Loan Mitigation Options: There are some loans that offer loss mitigation options that bring your loan to good standing. A foreclosure lawyer can educate you about these options.
- Represent You in Foreclosure Meditation: Foreclosure mediation is a legal process in which the homeowner and lender attempt to come to an alternative to foreclosure.
Questions to Ask a Foreclosure Lawyer
When you go to your first consultation with a foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, it is important to ask several questions, like:
- Do you believe I have a good defense to foreclosure?
- Do you anticipate any challenges with my case?
- How long do you think the process will take?
- What approach do you use when defending a foreclosure case?
- How often will you update me about my case?
- What are your fees?
If you want to fight a foreclosure, you should contact a foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma from Marty Martin Law as soon as possible.
“He did an excellent job and was informative about how the bankruptcy process and made me fell comfortable about my decision.”