Bankruptcy Lawyer Watonga, OK
When you are preparing to start the bankruptcy process, you may be ready to speak with a bankruptcy lawyer Watonga, OK residents rely on from Marty Martin Bankruptcy Law. Before entering into the bankruptcy process, the entire thing can seem daunting. In fact, even when you work with a lawyer throughout the process, bankruptcy can still be daunting and kind of scary. That is why we highly encourage you to call our law office to see how we can help you, whether you are just considering filing for bankruptcy or whether you are already part of the way through the process. To see what we can do for you, schedule a consultation with our office now.
Are there certain forms I will need to fill out for the bankruptcy process?
Yes. When you are starting the bankruptcy process, there will be certain forms that anyone who is filing for bankruptcy will need to fill out. Similarly, different bankruptcy courts with have additional forms specific to your area that they will need and they may have certain requirements for you. You should speak with your Watonga, Oklahoma bankruptcy lawyer as soon as possible to learn which paperwork you will need to get started on and ensure you are not missing any important paperwork by the deadline given.
Will I need to file the forms myself?
This is a great question. In fact, it should give you a certain amount of relief to know that when you work with a member of our team, we will handle these forms on your behalf. When you work with us, you can know that you are getting a lawyer who knows which documents need to be filed for your region, ensure they are filed in a timely manner and know that they are going to the right place. We can work with you to get the signatures on any necessary documentation.
Are there certain places where you should file your bankruptcy documents?
Yes. Your lawyer will know which court is appropriate to file your bankruptcy documents in. You may file based on:
- The district where you maintain your home. This could even be separate from where you are temporarily living.
- The district where you have been living for a certain period of time.
Get Help When You Are Ready to File
We understand that this entire process can be incredibly nerve-wracking and completely change the course of your life. Your lawyer will be able to help you when it comes to each step of the filing process. For more information, call Marty Martin Bankruptcy Law today to speak with our bankruptcy lawyer in Watonga, Oklahoma now.
Advantages of Filing for Bankruptcy
Many people focus on the negative aspects of bankruptcy, such as a lower credit score. However, if you are deep in debt, bankruptcy may be the best option for you. Here are some of the advantages of filing for bankruptcy.
- Clear your debts. When you are drowning in debt, it can be very difficult to get financially ahead. You may feel stressed out of your mind and have trouble falling asleep at night. If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, however, you can discharge your unsecured debts and get a financial fresh start.
- Provide an automatic stay. Once you declare bankruptcy, you will be granted an automatic stay, which forbids your creditors from taking further action to collect their debts, such as repossessing vehicles and personal property. They also will not be allowed to call or contact you regarding your debts. This can take a lot of stress off your back. If your credits still try to contact you, let your bankruptcy lawyer in Watonga, OK know right away.
- Receive credit counseling. If you wish to file for bankruptcy, you will be required to attend credit counseling, where you will learn how to manage your finances better. While this may sound tedious at first, it is actually very beneficial. You will learn how to budget and save money, so you can avoid getting into debt again in the future.
- Rebuild your credit. Some people are reluctant to file for bankruptcy because they’re afraid of ruining their credit. However, if you are deep in debt, your credit score is probably already low. After you file for bankruptcy, your credit rating will go down, but it will not stay that way forever. You can start rebuilding your credit right away. If you can’t qualify for regular credit cards initially, you can apply for a secured credit card, which will require a deposit. If you pay off your balance on time every month, you may see your credit score increase. Then, you may qualify for traditional credit cards and loans.
As you can see, there are several advantages to declaring bankruptcy. If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, you may want to speak to a bankruptcy lawyer in Watonga, OK. He or she can assess your unique situation and determine if bankruptcy is the right choice or not.