Bankruptcy protection means an end to creditor phone calls. Once you legally file bankruptcy or a bankruptcy chapter, you are protected from further action from anyone in regards to what you owe on a debt. Bankruptcy will help provide a fresh start to your finances.
Bankruptcy is the act of asking for legal help and provides a legal statement that you can no longer be pressured to pay your bills or have added maintenance fees to any debt.
Your credit will be disrupted for a while after bankruptcy protection begins. If you are looking to file bankruptcy and are concerned about worsening your credit, the smartest way is to get the protection. The strike from bankruptcy protection is insignificant compared to the damage your credit is getting without it.
When you file for bankruptcy, you ARE using bankruptcy protection.
Bankruptcy protection can protect you legally from
- harassment of creditor phone calls
- wage garnishments
- growing interest rates or fees from unpaid debts
- repossession of other items such as boats, motorcycles, motor-equipment (If a loan or credit was involved
Bankruptcy protection will strongly improve your relationship with money and your credit over time.
- Clients are secure and more confident with their credit options after filing. Some are ready to make big purchases quickly after receiving a discharge.
Clients from Oklahoma City Bankruptcy Attorney Marty Martin have improved their credit and lives through Marty’s Credit Healing or Four Steps To Healing plan which is found here on this website along with useful resources to get yourself started. Marty makes it easy and explains how to understand finances better than ever. Start here.
- Credit Healing Plan– Four Steps to Freedom
- Oklahoma City bankruptcy process
- Checklist of bankruptcy documents
- Checklist of bankruptcy questionnaire for clients
Chapter 7 is the most commonly used bankruptcy chapter.
Chapter 13 is optionable for you when you are agreeable to a payment plan.