Foreclosure Defense Lawyer Oklahoma City, OK
Foreclosures are scary, confusing, complex, and they’re stressful. In fact, if you don’t know much about the foreclosure proceedings or the laws about what is allowed to happen and what is not, you may find yourself overwhelmed and lost. That overwhelming feeling can cripple you and leave you with no idea what to do to defend yourself.
That’s okay, that’s what the Law Firm of Marty Martin’s is here for, reach out to us today for a foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, OK that can walk you through the foreclosure process, help assess if you’ve been mistreated by the bank and other entities, and help you find other options than foreclosure.
Foreclosure is not the end-all-be-all. There are options. Making informed decisions is important, and we’re here to help you do that.
What Other Options Are There?
We said foreclosure isn’t the end-all-be-all, and we meant it. Let’s talk about some other options homeowners may be able to do to avoid foreclosure. Before deciding on any one option, you would want to speak to a certified foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, OK to ensure the option is the best one for you and would not hurt you in the long run.
Loan modification is to alter the terms of the original loan agreement, such as your mortgage loan. This does not pay off your loan and replace it with a new one, but it changes these conditions. A lawyer can help you negotiate a loan modification that better helps you avoid foreclosure.
Short sale is when your lender (the bank, in most cases) allows you to sell your home for less than what you owe on it, in return they receive those funds to pay off most of your mortgage. Sometimes the bank or lender may seek the difference between the original loan and what you were able to get from a buyer.
Deed in lieu is a foreclosure document that transfers the title of the property from the property owner to the lender. The exchange is that they are relieved of their mortgage debt.
Bankruptcy is another option that a foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, OK may suggest. This will stop all foreclosure proceedings and give the homeowner a chance to work on paying that debt off to retain their home.
There are many other options for homeowners, and talking to a lawyer that deals in foreclosures can help you decide which one is the best choice for you and your home.
A foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, OK may even suggest contesting foreclosure. To contest a foreclosure, usually done in judicial foreclosures which means the lender must provide you with a notice of default that includes the amount you currently owe, you have to first write a written answer to a complaint (the lawsuit). Present your defenses and explain the reasons behind why the lender should not foreclose on your home. Your lawyer can help you do this, and you may have to defend yourself against a motion for summary judgment and go to trial.
Reach out to the Law Offices of Marty Martin today.
Facing a foreclosure on a home is one of the most difficult experiences a person can go through. If you’re currently in this situation, you might feel overwhelmed and unsure of how to proceed. If you want to fight the foreclosure, you may wonder if you should hire a foreclosure lawyer in Oklahoma City, OK or not. The answer depends on your unique circumstances.
When to Hire a Foreclosure Lawyer
Here are a few situation where you would benefit from hiring a foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma:
- You Have a Good Defense: If you believe that you have a good defense against the foreclosure and wish to keep your home, then it makes sense to hire a lawyer. For example, if the servicer did not follow proper foreclosure procedures or if the foreclosing party can’t prove that it owns your own, you may have a viable defense. Foreclosure defenses can involve many complexities, so it is helpful to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. He or she will help create a good argument and fill out the paperwork.
- You’re in the Military: People who are in the military have special protections against home foreclosure. If you are an active member in the military, ask a foreclosure lawyer Oklahoma City, OK residents trust about your rights.
- You Wish to Learn More About Foreclosure Laws: If you are unfamiliar about the foreclosure process in Oklahoma and want to learn more about your rights, it is helpful to consult a foreclosure lawyer.
How a Foreclosure Lawyer Can Help
In certain situations, a foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma can help you avoid foreclosure. Here are some different ways he or she can do that.
- Modify Your Loan: A foreclosure lawyer can help you modify your loan to lower the interest rate or extend the loan.
- Advise You About Loan Mitigation Options: There are some loans that offer loss mitigation options that bring your loan to good standing. A foreclosure lawyer can educate you about these options.
- Represent You in Foreclosure Meditation: Foreclosure mediation is a legal process in which the homeowner and lender attempt to come to an alternative to foreclosure.
Questions to Ask a Foreclosure Lawyer
When you go to your first consultation with a foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, it is important to ask several questions, like:
- Do you believe I have a good defense to foreclosure?
- Do you anticipate any challenges with my case?
- How long do you think the process will take?
- What approach do you use when defending a foreclosure case?
- How often will you update me about my case?
- What are your fees?
If you want to fight a foreclosure, you should contact a foreclosure defense lawyer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma from Marty Martin Law as soon as possible.